Sir Trevor McDonald will leave ITV News at Ten Tonight!

HomeNewsSir Trevor McDonald will leave ITV News at Ten Tonight!
vlcsnap-422866.jpg

Sir Trevor McDonald will Sign off from News at Ten for the final time tonight.

News at Ten’s viewership is slightly boosted this week by the return of I’m a Celebrity get me out of here!

It was announced a few weeks ago that Mark Austin will replace Sir Trev on News at Ten.

Sir Trevor McDonald said: “I’ve tremendously enjoyed the opportunity to help re-establish News at Ten over the last year, but I’ve made no secret of the fact that I cannot be in the presenter’s chair forever. Anchoring ITV News’s live coverage of a hugely exciting and historic U.S. election seems the opportune moment to leave on a high.”

An ITV spokesman said McDonald will continue hosting the National Television Awards and working on ITV’s current affairs Tonight programme.

Posted on Thursday 20 November 2008