Matt Barbet signs off from 5 News for final time

Matt Barbet signs off from 5 News for final time
Updated on Friday 15 December 2017 by @TVNewsroom

Matt Barbet presented his final 5 News bulletin this evening.

Matt, who announced he was leaving 5 News on Twitter last week, said: “It’s been an incredible decade, and I’ve been privileged to spend a lot of it fronting @5_News, witnessing the World change.

“It’s time to make my own change though, and next week I will present my last 5 News Tonight. New things in the New Year.”

Sky News presenter Claudia-Liza Armah is to join 5 News to host the 6.30pm bulletin from the new year.

Armah, who has previously worked at London Live, ITV and the BBC over a ten-year career, said: “I’ve long admired 5 News and how it puts people at the heart of the story.

“I’m incredibly excited to be joining the talented and creative team, particularly as we chart the largely unknown political landscape for our viewers.”

Posted in: