Matt Barbet Signs Off 5 News, Heads to Daybreak

Channel +  News at       e

News presenter Matt Barbet presented his last 5 News bulletin tonight.

Matt, who joined 5 News in 2007, will take up a new role on Daybreak from September 2012.

He will join Ranvir Singh to present the first hour of the programme between 6-7am before Daybreak’s new presenters Lorraine Kelly and Aled Jones host the main show.

Speaking about his Daybreak appointment, Matt said: “I’m hugely excited to be joining the team at ITV. During my career to date I’ve been privileged to cover some massive stories, from the Afghan war to the Royal Wedding, and I’m looking forward to bringing that experience to my new role on Daybreak.”

David Kermode, Daybreak Editor, added: “We are so excited Matt and Ranvir are joining the team. They have the perfect blend of personality, authority and live broadcasting experience to make great breakfast TV. We can’t wait to welcome them to the ITV family, to join Lorraine and Aled and the rest of the team.”

Posted by on Thursday 26 July 2012
Posted in
This Morning with Ben Shephard

Ben Shephard has announced he is leaving Good Morning Britain. The announcement comes after ITV confirmed that he and Cat

fiona phillips Image

Former GMTV presenter Fiona Phillips has announced she is battling Alzheimer’s. The 62 year old told the Mirror “This disease

Jon Kay for BBC News

Jon Kay has been announced as the new regular presenter of BBC Breakfast. He replaces Dan Walker, who left for

Copy link